Antivirus isn’t just for your computer – Here’s why you need to protect your smartphone too
You probably know that antivirus software is essential for your computer. Without it, you are browsing unprotected, exposing yourself to ransomware, viruses, Trojans, spyware, and countless other threats. But your computer isn’t the only gadget that needs virus protection.
Security company Check Point says in its 2021 Mobile Security Report that 40% of mobile devices are prone to cyber attacks. In addition, in 2019 alone, 76% of all cyber attacks were motivated by financial considerations. Combine these two facts and you will realize that your phone could be the gateway a criminal uses to steal your money.
Think about it: our phones and tablets are with us everywhere, so they have much more personal data than laptops. If your credit card is associated with apps on your smartphone, it’s time to download antivirus software for your mobile device. We’ve got all the advice you need in this helpful guide, provided by our sponsor TotalAV.
Why your Android needs virus protection
Security breaches are so common these days that hardly anyone can get through them without getting scratched. This is terrible news because data breaches can put you at risk for identity theft.
Almost all of us have been involved in one way or another in a data breach. Don’t believe us? Enter all of your email addresses into HaveIBeenPwned, an online database with all the latest news on data breaches.
If you download TotalAV on your Android, you can save yourself a step by using its built-in Data Breach Check. Just like HaveIBeenPwned, this tool lets you find out if their email address has been included in known violations. You even get instructional guides telling you what to do if you find out that a violation has hurt you. It will even tell you how to stop unauthorized account access or identity theft.
There are some more specific protections you can take advantage of
Do you want to protect yourself against malicious apps and games before you install them? If you’re tired of constantly being vigilant and looking out for yourself, TotalAV is finally making you relax. With its 24/7 security and real-time protection feature, you can stay safe as dangerous websites are blocked automatically.
Here are more details on the features that benefit you the most:
- Real-time protection: You are always protected against malware and viruses. TotalAV monitors in real time.
- App lock / PIN functionality: This privacy feature is perfect for family devices. You can add password or PIN lock to any app on any device via TotalAV. This means you can let your kids play a game on your phone, without worrying about them secretly checking your online banking app. This is just one example; there are plenty of other ways to protect sensitive apps when you are concerned about privacy and security.
- Photo manager: This easy to use interface allows you to manage photos, screenshots and duplicate images. You can filter them with a few clicks of the button, making it easy to organize. You can also keep your storage neat and tidy by deleting photos that take up space.
- Safe Navigator: You can also browse anonymously, without worrying about creepy strangers following your every click.
Other features allow you to free up memory, increase speed, browse anonymously and more. Use this link to get 85% off your first year of virus protection.
IPhone users need virus protection ASAP
TotalAV’s unique iPhone and iPad app offers the same functionality as Android users. It protects you from cybersecurity threats with its website filtering features, as well as anti-fraud services like device location tracking.
You also have access to the Data Breach Check feature, so you will know when your private information is exposed to the world.
- Anti-theft device locator: This feature is ideal if your device is lost or stolen. Using your device’s GPS, this feature periodically sends you updates on the location of the gadget. This allows you to track its location in real time
- Secure browser: This search engine does not follow you. It prevents targeted advertisements from stalking you on the web.
- WebShield: This automatically blocks dangerous websites. It stops social engineering attacks. Best of all, it applies to all web browser apps.
- System security: This notification system keeps you up to date with Apple Securrity updates, as well as any vulnerabilities in your device’s privacy unlock feature.
- Battery monitor: Check your battery charge depending on the apps you use.
- Photo manager: This easy to use interface allows you to manage photos, screenshots and duplicate images. You can filter them with just a few clicks of the button, making it easy to organize. You can also keep your storage neat and tidy by deleting photos that take up space.
Starting now, get a TotalAV Internet Security Annual Plan for just $ 19 at ProtectWithKim.com. That’s over 85% off the regular price, just for my readers and listeners!