Download Failed, Error 47 SPAN in COD Warzone and Modern Warfare
Here is a complete guide on how to Fix Error Code 47 or SPAN in Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warfare. Many COD Warzone and Modern Warfare users have reported receiving Error Code 47 while downloading certain game-related content or updates. You may also get this error while launching the game. When triggered , you will probably get the error message below:
Download failed. Would you like to try again?
Error code: 47
If problems persist, please contact activision support quoting the error code.
Sometimes you may also get the error code SCOPE with the error message above.
It would happen on PC as well as consoles like Xbox and PS4. Now, there can be different reasons that trigger this error. In any case, if you also receive this error, this message is your stop. In this article, we are going to list all the possible fixes that helped users to get rid of error code 47 on Warzone or Modern Warfare.
What causes Error Code 47 in COD Warzone and Modern Warfare?
Here are the potential causes that can trigger error code 47 on Warzone and Modern Warfare:
- This could be caused by a corrupted device or game cache. Therefore, you can try clearing your console cache. If you are using a PC and getting this error, clear the game cache files to fix the error.
- If the saved game data on your console is corrupted, this can trigger the current error. So, deleting saved Warzone or Modern Warfare data on your PS4 console should help you fix the error.
- In many cases, the error is caused by your overprotective antivirus suite. This might hamper the smooth operations of the game. Therefore, try disabling or uninstalling the antivirus to fix the error.
- It can also be triggered if the game installation is corrupted. So, in this case, reinstalling the game should help you fix the error.
How to fix error 47 on Warzone?
To fix error 47 on Warzone, you can try clearing your console cache or deleting the cache files associated with the game. Apart from this, you can also try deleting saved data of Warzone game on PS4, disable your antivirus or reinstall the game. We have shared all the fixes in detail below; so keep reading to find out.
Download Failed, Error Code 47 or SPAN in COD Warzone and Modern Warfare
Here are the methods you can use to fix Download Failed, Error Code: 47 or SPAN in COD Warzone or Modern Warfare:
- Clear your PC or console cache.
- Delete saved game data on PS4.
- Free up the reserved space for Warzone/Modern Warfare on your Xbox console.
- Disable or uninstall your antivirus.
- Reinstall the Warzone/ Modern Warfare game.
1]Clear the cache of your PC or console
You are likely to encounter error code 47 on Warzone due to a corrupted device or game cache. If the scenario is applicable, you should be able to fix the error by clearing your PC or console cache.
You can clear Warzone cache files on your Windows PC by following the steps below:
- First, close the Warzone game as well as the game launcher i.e. Battle.net. You can use Task Manager to end all associated processes.
- Now open File Explorer using Win + E, then navigate to the Warzone installation directory on your PC.
- Then double click on the Data folder to open it, then open the Main case.
- After that delete the following cache files:
data0.dcache data1.dcache toc0.dcache toc1.dcache
- Then relaunch Warzone and check if the error is gone or not.
- If the error persists, delete all files with the .dcache file extension from the main folder. See if it works for you or not.
To clear the cache of a PS4 console, try the steps below:
- First, press the PlayStation button on your PS4 controller and choose Turn off PS4.
- Then, when your console’s power light stops flashing, unplug its power cord from the main switch, then for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, reconnect your console to the main switch and turn it on.
- When the console is on, open warzone and see if the error persists or not.
In the same way, you can clear the cache of an Xbox console.
Lily: COD Modern Warfare DEV ERROR 6068, 6065, 6165, 6071.
2]Delete saved game data on PS4
If you are receiving the error on a PS4 console, there is a chance that the saved Warzone game data is corrupted. If the scenario is applicable, you should be able to resolve it by erasing the saved Warzone data on your PS4 console. Here’s how:
- First, open PS4 settings and choose the Management of data recorded by the application option.
- Now highlight war zone game and press the Choice key on your controller.
- Next, click on the Delete option.
- Once the saved data is erased, restart your console.
- When the console is restarted, open Warzone and see if error code 47 is fixed.
3]Free up the reserved space for Warzone/ Modern Warfare on your Xbox console
Xbox uses reserved space on its hard drive to save updates and other game data. If any of the data stored in the Warzone placeholder is corrupted, you may encounter the error in question. So, if the scenario applies, you can try deleting the Warzone game placeholder on your Xbox console. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to Xbox Games menu and choose the war zone Game.
- Then open its Choice then click on the Manage game and add-ons option.
- Now go to Recorded data and press the Empty reserved space option.
- After that, restart your console and then launch Warzone to check if error code 47 is resolved or not.
If the error persists, continue and try the next potential fix to resolve it.
To see: Fixed error code 664640 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare or Warzone.
4]Disable or uninstall your antivirus
PC users may face this error due to their overprotective security suite. Your antivirus may be preventing Warzone from accessing a system resource required for a specific action or operation. And so you get error code 47 on Warzone. If the scenario applies to you, try disabling your antivirus and see if that resolves the error. If so, you can be sure that your antivirus is causing the error. You can uninstall the antivirus to fix the error permanently.
If you don’t want to disable or uninstall your antivirus, there is also a solution. You can add Warzone and Battle.net to Exception/Exclusion/Whitelist in your Antivirus settings. This will prevent your antivirus from scanning the game and game launcher.
Lily: Fixed memory error 13-71 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare and WarZone.
5]Reinstall Warzone/ Modern Warfare game
If none of the above solutions work for you, the last resort is to reinstall the Warzone or Modern Warfare game. Chances are that you are dealing with a corrupt installation of the game or some installation files are corrupted causing the current error. In this case, reinstalling the game should help fix the error.
Here is how to reinstall Warzone or Modern Warfare game on Windows PC:
- First, launch the Battle.net app and select the Warzone (or Modern Warfare) game.
- Now click on the gear icon present next to the Play button.
- Then press the Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the game.
- Once done, restart your PC.
- Finally, start the Battle.net client launch and then reinstall the Warzone game from the store.
To reinstall Warzone on an Xbox console, follow the steps below:
- First, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide menu.
- Now choose the My games & apps category and select See all.
- Then choose Games and highlight the Warzone game.
- After that, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Next, choose the Uninstall option and then select Uninstall All.
- When the uninstallation is complete, restart your console and then reinstall the Warzone game.
In the case of a PS4 console, you can try the steps below to uninstall and then reinstall Warzone:
- First, open the Games menu and choose the COD Warzone game.
- Next, open its options and then click on Remove or Uninstall option.
- Now confirm the uninstallation process.
- After that, restart your console and reinstall the Warzone game.
Hope you don’t get error code 47 now.
Related: Fix VIVACIOUS error code on COD Vanguard
How to fix dev error 5523?
To fix Warzone Dev 5523 error, you can try restarting your PC and see if that fixes the error. If not, you can try running Battle.net as administrator and disable fullscreen optimization. Besides that, you can also try disabling in-game overlays and disabling overclocking.
Hope this helps!
Comments are closed.