FAIR 2022 Conference to Explore Scaling Risk Management Practices to Combat Growing Cyber Threats
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your one week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
Hybrid in-person and virtual event on September 27-28 in Washington, DC, and online
Media pass: To access FAIRCON22 event sessions in person or online, contact Luke Bader, Director, membership and programsFAIR Institute, [email protected]; or Eskenzi PR: Avery MacGregor, [email protected], 978.290.2970; or Cathy Morley Foster, [email protected]925.708.7893.
RESTON, Va., Sept. 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — What: As the financial stakes of cybersecurity rise, FAIR Institute, the nonprofit professional organization advancing risk measurement and management, is stepping up its efforts to help businesses and organizations protect their most valuable assets. invaluable with its FAIR 2022 conference (FAIRCON22). The annual event, this year themed “Scale: Taking Risk Management to the Next Level”, will bring together thought leaders in the field of cyber and operational risk management to discuss FAIR™ best practices. information risks) in order to develop increased value and alignment with business objectives.
When: This premier global risk management conference will be held in person at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Washington, DC, and virtually on Tuesday, September 27 and Wednesday, September 28. follow-up panels and expert case study sessions.
Who: Open to risk management professionals and offers introductory and advanced sessions.
- Speakers: Jack Jones, President, FAIR Institute; Mark Tomallo, senior vice president, CISO, Victoria’s Secret; Mary Elizabeth Faulkner, CISO, Thrivent Financial; Jeff Norem, Deputy CISO, Freddie Mac; Matthew Tolbert, Senior Cybersecurity, Oversight and Regulatory Specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland; and James Lam, director of public and private boards; Director certified by the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and D100 winner; ERM consultant, author and speaker; and Derek Johnson Senior Reporter, SC Media; among others.
- In person and virtual“This year, we are delighted to once again welcome participants in person and to virtual events for FAIRCON22. The conference focuses on “scale”, demonstrating how to take the latest developments in quantitative risk management to the next level to effectively address the growing and costly challenges of cybersecurity,” said Nick Sanna, President of the FAIR Institute. “We bring together the world’s best experts and practitioners to share their experience and expertise. We can connect organizations with our partners and sponsors to help develop risk management programs. Training sessions are offered to help organizations to advance cyber and operational risk needs. Participants can also earn CPE certification and credits.”
FAIRCON22 Highlights: Featured events, full schedule: https://www.fairinstitute.org/faircon22-agenda
- main speech: Trusting risk-based decisionsJack Jones, President, FAIR Institute
- Opening speech: How Risk economics can help us win the battle in cyberspaceLarry Clinton, Chairman, Internet Security Alliance (ISA).
- C-level panel: CISO of Highmark Health, Victoria’s Secret, Freddie Mac and Thrivent Financial on Driving Culture Change – From a Compliance Approach to a Risk-Based Approach to Cybersecurity
- Case study: Cisco, Refining the “R” in CRM at Scale
- Cat by the fire: What the SEC’s revised guidance on cyber risk disclosures means for youKristy Littman, Former Chief Enforcement Officer – Cyber Unit, SEC
- Case studies: Netflix, Equinix, Expedia and Dropbox
- Opening speech: Omar Khawaja, CISO, Highmark Health : Justifying the Business Value of Cybersecurity with Highmark Health and the BOSITE Framework
- Last word: Jack Jones, President, FAIR Institute; Derek Johnson, Senior Reporter, SC Media
Membership of The FAIR Institute is free and members are entitled to discounted tickets to FAIRCON22. To register for the event, visit: https://www.fairinstitute.org/2022-fair-conference
Sponsors include RiskLens, Technical Advisor; IBM, Protiviti, RiskRecon and Archer, advisers to the institute; and Black Kite, LogicGate, The Open Group and Cyenthia Institute; Conference sponsors.
About the FAIR Institute
The FAIR Institute is a non-profit, expert organization led by chief information risk officers, CISOs, and business leaders, created to develop and share standard FAIR-based risk management practices. Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR™) is the only international standard analysis model for information security and operational risk. FAIR helps organizations quantify and manage risk from a business perspective and enables cost-effective decision making. To learn more and get involved, visit: www.fairinstitute.org.
FAIR Institute educational partners include the University of Arizona, Boston College, Carnegie Mellon University, Ferris State University, George Mason University, Harvard University, Macquarie University, Pepperdine University, San Jose State University, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Marymount University, Georgetown University, Georgia Southern University, Catholic University of America, University of Tampa, University of Toronto, Virginia Tech, Washington University in St. Louis, University of Wisconsin, Webster University, Seattle Pacific University, Glasgow Caledonian University and Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar (UASB).
Cathy Morley FosterEskenzi PR[email protected]925.708.7893
Source: FAIR Institute