Fix Warzone disc read error on Windows PC
In this article we will talk about what you can do if war zone crashes with Fatal error, disk read error. Call of Duty Warzone is a popular battle royale game available for Windows. But like any other BR game, Warzone has also been talked about due to its different types of errors. Of all the errors, the one that has troubled players the most is Disc read error. So, if you are also facing the same problem then continue with the troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
Fix Warzone disc read error on Windows PC
If Call of Duty Warzone crashes with Fatal Error, Disc Read Error 3.1, 5.0, 6.154, 8.6, etc. on your Windows 11/10 PC, these suggestions are sure to help you fix the problem:
- Run Warzone in administrator mode
- Modify installation
- Disable Game Mode and Xbox Game Bar
- Download the latest graphics driver update
- Disable Sonic Studio’s Virtual Mixer
- Disable NVIDIA overlay in game
- Disable Discord Overlay
- Disable anti-virus program
- Run ChkDsk
- Reinstall the game
Let us now see these solutions in detail.
1]Run Warzone in administrator mode
The problem you are currently facing can be triggered due to unavailability of administrative privileges. So, grant the game full admin privileges to fix the issue. To do this, here are the steps to follow.
- To throw Battle.net and select Duty Call from the list.
- Click on the gear icon present next to Player, and choose Show in Explorer.
Now launch the game and check if you are still encountering the same error message. If so, right click on the Warzone shortcut file and choose the Properties option. Tap the Compatibility tab and check mark Run this program as administrator. Save the settings and open the game. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
2]Modify the installation
Another effective solution to get rid of the 6.154 disc read error is to modify the game installation. Unnecessarily installed content can also be the main cause of the problem. Modify the installation to solve the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch Battle.net > COD Warzone > Gear Icon.
- From the list of gear icon options, choose Modify Install.
- In the next window, uncheck Countryside, Special operationsand Survival options.
Click Apply to save the applied settings. Now launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
3]Disable Game Mode and Xbox Game Bar
Windows introduced a dedicated mode by name, Game mode to play games. The feature automatically clears all unnecessary apps running in the background to improve the gaming experience. But at the same time, it can lead to different issues including the one you are currently facing. So, you can try disabling the game mode feature and check if that makes a difference. To do this, here are the steps to follow.
- Press Windows + I hotkey to open the Settings menu.
- Tap on the game option present in the left panel of the screen.
- Press on Game mode, and disable it in the next window.
Launch the game and check if the issue is resolved. Otherwise, you will need to disable the Xbox Game Bar feature. Windows 11 comes with an Xbox Game Bar feature using which you can record gameplay and share it with your friends. However, at the same time, it can also cause the mentioned issue. So, you can play the game with the Xbox Game Bar feature disabled to fix the issue. To do this, open Settings > Games > Xbox Game Bar. Disable the option.
4]Download the latest graphics driver update
It is important to keep updating all the drivers installed on your system. Each update comes with a lot of updates over its predecessor and helps to fix issues occurring in different apps. So if you can’t remember updating your graphics driver then you need to update it to fix the problem. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press Windows + I open the settings menu.
- Tap on the Windows Update option.
- Now visit Advanced Options > Optional Updates.
- In the next window, you will see a list of all available updates for your system, including graphics drivers.
Alternatively, you can even download the latest driver update from the manufacturer’s official website.
5]Disable Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
If you have the Sonic studio application installed on your system, it is no surprise that you are facing the problem. The problem mainly occurs in the laptop from Asus. So, disable this app to fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Control Panel in View By mode and select Large Icons.
- To choose Sounds.
- Click on the Proofreading tongue.
- Right-click on Sonic Studio Virtual Mixture and choose Disable.
Check if the issue is resolved or not.
6]Disable NVIDIA overlay in game
If your system is equipped with an NVIDIA graphics card, you can disable the in-game overlay feature in the GeForce experience to fix the issue. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the NVIDIA icon present in the system tray and choose NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Tap the gear icon to open the Settings menu.
- Choose the General option present in the left panel of the screen.
- seesaw of the In-game overlay option.
7]Disable Discord Overlay
Various third-party apps including Discord can be another reason behind the problem. In Discord, you will need to turn off the overlay feature to fix the issue. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Discord app and go to Settings.
- Click on the game overlay option present in the left panel of the screen.
- Disable it Enable in-game overlay option.
That’s it. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
8]Disable anti-virus program
Chances are that the installed antivirus program is conflicting with the game files and causing the problem. So, turn off the antivirus program and check if it makes any difference. If the problem is solved, always play Warzone with the antivirus disabled.
Run ChkDsk and see if that helps. Run Check disk on your disk using command linetype the following and press Enter:
If necessary, restart your computer.
10]Reinstall the game
If none of the above solutions help you fix the problem, the last thing you can try is to reinstall the game. There may be a problem in the installation that causes the 6.154 disc read error. So, reinstall the game to fix the problem.
What causes disc read error 6.154 on Warzone?
There are several reasons behind disc read error 6.154 on Warzone. However, among all the most common are corrupted or outdated drivers. Additionally, third-party antivirus programs, overlay feature, and Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer can also cause the problem.
Read more : Fix Warzone fatal error, disc read error on Windows PC.
Comments are closed.