How To Fix ‘Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Not Installed’ Issue 2022
This tutorial explains how to solve the problem “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool does not install”. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to Fix “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Won’t Install”. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool won’t install”
Microsoft maintains an important tool for Windows users, the Malicious Software Removal Tool. If you have been using a Windows system (including Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows 11) without antivirus software for some time, it is a good idea to use this tool to scan for malware that may be infecting your system. Rather, it is a spot-check tool when you know that your system was at risk of being infected with malware. Typically, anti-virus and anti-malware software such as Windows Defender, which runs automatically, blocks anything the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool finds.
So, if you have a good antivirus, you shouldn’t worry about running this tool. Never rely solely on running the Malicious Software Removal Tool regularly to protect your system. You should always have an antivirus tool installed and running in the background. There are even free antivirus tools that will effectively protect your system, such as Malwarebytes. You should also make sure that Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are enabled.
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool does not install
Use safe mode
- Restart your computer and press F8 before the Windows logo appears.
- In the menu that appears, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Once your computer is in safe mode, try installing the tool again.
Manually install the tool
- Open Registry Editor by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously. Type regedit.exe and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following key:
- If this installation key does not exist, you will have to create it.
- To do this, right-click on the Windows key and select New, then go to Key.
- Name the new Installer key and press Enter
- Right-click the installer key and select New, then scroll down to DWORD (32-bit) Value and press Enter.
- Name the new value Disable MSI and press Enter
- Double-click the Disable MSI value and set the value data to 0.
- Close Registry Editor and try to install the tool again.
Use the Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Go to the Microsoft support page and download the program install and uninstall troubleshooter.
- Install the troubleshooter.
- Options will appear where you have to choose the problem you are facing. Select Install.
- This will open a list of programs. Select the one you are having trouble with.
- You will be given the option to uninstall it or try other solutions.
- You should now be able to install the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool without any problems.
Delete temporary files
- Open the search function and type disk cleanup and click open.
- Select the drive you want to clean. Make sure the Temporary files option is checked and select OK.
- This will remove all temporary files from your computer, which may fix the problem.
Final Words: How to Fix “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Won’t Install”
Hope you understand this article, How to Fix “Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Won’t Install”. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.